The Engineer Software Development works in a leadership role on tasks and assignments from a Software Development Manager, Director or tasks that he/she creates. This position requires vast knowledge of industry practices and good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for designing, defining, developing, testing, purchasing, implementing, and analyzing of technical products and systems of diverse scope. Candidate would recommend system purchases for projects up to tens of millions of dollars of value. This position also has responsibilities for technical oversight for one or more engineering teams and is expected to participate fully as a leader of each engineering team and will lead in such areas as project planning activities, work break-down of tasks, and engineering peer reviews. Candidate will also help in setting overall technical direction for a team of 10 to 100 engineers. This position is responsible for technical leadership in architecture, design, implementation, and on-going engineering support of technology applications.
- Lead one or more teams in the design and development of assigned software development tasks
- Work with Senior Principal Engineers and Senior Engineers in the establishment of architectures, standards, and best-practices
- Participate in team meetings, team planning sessions, setting team goals
- Estimate the time to develop and deliver features as defined by product management
- Participate in peer review of project software design and coding